Courts of Heaven

I read a book that opened my eyes, but if your pastor taught you that heaven has no courts because there will be no more sin in heaven, then you might think that kind of teaching is false. But is it?

Although under the old testaments, they had courts, you find in the new testament some legal terms.
God is still called the Judge (Hebrews 12:23, 1 Peter4:5,  James 5:9)
The courts of heaven is still in operation even after Jesus died. One scripture says that he shall judge the living in the dead. Where do you think judges are found in heaven? In a palace? Ina  temple? I think not.
When I asked my Facebook friends if they believe there courts in heaven, one said no. She was thinking when we go to heaven there will be no courts, but what I meant is NOW.  Are there courts in heaven is now and the answer is yes. If you search the New testament, you will finds in verses legal words terms. Is not Satan the accuser of the brethren? Didn't he accuse Job of  fearing God because of benefits he received? So if Satan accused a mere man ( a righteous one at that) long before Jesus came, and Satan is the accuser of the brethren (Believers) then where does he bring the charges against? In a palace? God resides in his heavenly courts. He sits as judge. Satan appears before him much like a prosecutor these days.  The new testament describes the Holy Spirit as our advocate (legal word) Counselor (Used for Jesus too, Also legal word) And don;t forget witnesses (Hebrews 12)
And what about this verse: Every matter shall be established by what? 2 or 3 witnesses. (The blood and the water and the Spirit. see 1John5:7)

You may ask, how can Satan bring charge against us if we are righteous? Job was blameless, but that didn't stop Satan from bringing one against him. I read somewhere that because didn't answer the charges, God had no choice but to allow Satan to inflict suffering upon him. 
Trials is another legal term. Every court session is a trial. A man or woman is tried in a courtroom. And although trials does happen for our faith, it is not seeing that God is convicting us.
I read in Romans that Paul wrote that no one can bring a charge against is because Jesus justified us. In my life, I use that everytime Satan would attack me.
I have friends who would argue that says no believer is cursed.  Jesus redeemed us from the curse of the law. What do you think the curse is? It's death! And what comes with is evil and curses.  Just as what comes with life is good and blessings.
I believe that our father down a generational curse to us. It would explain the cycle of poverty and unemployement in our lives. Poverty isn't because my sister and I refuse to work. It's not like we don't look for work either.  God had called us into different professions, but IMO, the generational curse is keeping that from happening. My father had a good job before the seventies hit. He worked as electronic technician for the county. My mom was a nurse. They both had a good job, but in the early seventies, Satan deceived my father when God told him that he would heal his eyes if he give his life to him.) My father thought God meant he would have to die physically and so he said "No, Lord."  My father's sin and disobedience continued the generational curse.  In the late 80s, he quit his job with the county and became a door to door salesman and he was not successful as one. We went from middle class to low class because of his sin. One day God for poverty. My mother was a nurse until our baby sitter started abusing us so she quit her job to take care of us. What was her reward? Poverty and abuse. Oh, I'm not saying that she shouldn't quit her job, but when they married they became one. So his sin and disobedience affected her. Her SS wasn't very much and throughout most of her married life my mother experienced abused and neglect (except for physical abuse).
So please don't tell me that because I am born again Christian, I'm not cursed. There is no other way to explain it. And the book Destroying Curses in the Courts of Heaven by Lynn Hardy has opened my eyes.
One day I will write a post to update you on my life and you will be amazed of how God had turned my life around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Available?

The Book of Galatians